If you do not accept this policy, you may not use the service.
How and why we collect data
In the course of using DAILYHUMAN, or corresponding with the team at DAILYHUMAN, you provide us with or we collect various pieces of personal data.
We collect and use the data outlined below to provide a contracted service to you or to further operate and develop our business.
Your personal data will not be sold, distributed, or leased to any third parties. We only share your personal data in cases in which it is necessary for us to provide our services.
We do not collect information regarding your race, ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, political beliefs, sexual orientation, genetic information, or information about your health.
By using DAILYHUMAN, you agree that we may collect, hold, process, and use your information (including personal information) for the purpose of providing you with DAILYHUMAN's services which includes (without limitation):
- Verifying your identity.
- Personalising your visits to DAILYHUMAN to improve the our services provided to you.
- Informing you about the latest changes to the Site, products, services or promotional offers that you might find interesting.
- To notify you about changes to the Service.
- Communicating (and personalising such communication) with you.
- Enabling you to share our content with others e.g. using an 'Email a friend' or 'Share this' functionality.
- Detecting and prevent fraud.
- Complying with applicable laws and regulations and legal process and law enforcement requirements.
- Conducting market research.
- Carrying out technical and statistical analysis to measure the performance of our services and the Site.
If you cancel your user account for the Service, we will promptly and securely delete all of the Personal Information we hold about you. We reserve the right to retain any Anonymous Data collected up to the point of cancellation and to continue using it in accordance with this policy.
The data we collect
We may gather or you may provide various kinds of personal information in the course of using DAILYHUMAN or interacting with the team.
- Contact details, such as but not limited to your name, username, date of birth, email address, and phone number.
- Identity data to enable you to use optional ancillary service DAILYHUMAN wallet, provided by Dwolla. This may include but is not limited to name, postal address, email, phone number, SSN, and date of birth.
- Transaction data, provided through third-party provider Plaid, such as but not limited to transaction dates and amounts, and merchant types and descriptions.
- Transaction data to process credit card payments through third-party provider USAePay, such as but not limited to name, debit or credit card number/expiry/security code, and postal address.
- Facebook data enabling you to login, such as but not limited to name and email address.
Information we collect about you, either directly or indirectly
We collect the following personal information from you automatically when you visit our websites or use our online services:
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or access device to the internet
- Your login information
- Your geographic location
- Your browser information
- Your operating system
- You can read more about how we gather Cookie data in our Cookies Policy.
Information we collect or receive from other sources
Below is a list of the people with whom we share your personal data, the data types, and why we share it.
We require third-party providers and services to respect your privacy and the security of your personal data.
- USAePay provides wireless payment gateway processing services
- Plaid Inc. provide transaction processing services and issue resolution services to DAILYHUMAN and yourself, using your login and bank account details.
- Facebook Inc. provides you with login access to DAILYHUMAN using your contact details.
- Dwolla provide our US DAILYHUMAN wallet services, which entails processing contact details, financial data, and Know Your Customer data, as required.
- MailChimp/Apple Inc. provide us with marketing services using your contact details.
- Amazon Web Services provide us with data storage facilities, for the supply of your personal, transaction, status verification, and online conversation data.
- Google Inc. provide us with email and data storage facilities (via Google Drive) for suppliers' contact details and financial data, as well as customer contact details and transaction data where required for product testing and development.
Sharing Your Information
We may share information about you with suppliers that we engage to help us provide certain services and/or functionality e.g online payment processing. We will use reasonable endeavours to control and be responsible for the use of your information by such suppliers.
Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
We take the security of your personal information very seriously and have appropriate physical, technical, and administrative procedures in place to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure as required by law in England. Once we have received your User Information, we use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access including:
- encrypting any Personal Information which we transfer to Plaid Inc ("Plaid") and
- having in place an agreement with Plaid which requires it to have in place appropriate measures to safeguard the security of the Personal Information we send to them.
The security of your personal information
We encrypt personal data appropriately and use proper technical and organisational measures across the business.
All of the personal data we hold is hosted on Heroku's cloud platform, which provides us with a wide range of resilience, scaling, and security features. Heroku's cloud platform is hosted on the Amazon Web Services' platform. Heroku is accredited under ISO 27001, SOC 1 and SOC 2/SSAE 16/ISAE 3402, FISMA Moderate, and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX).
All third-party interactions with the DAILYHUMAN service are made through a secure socket layer (SSL), the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser.
We have written contracts with each of those third-party processors which contain safeguards for your information.
How long do we keep information about you?
When you choose to delete DAILYHUMAN, we delete all information about you from our database and our backup database within 24 hours, except that which is required for fraud detection.
The deletion policies of Facebook,Plaid and USAePay are linked below, and form part of the basis of our contracts with them.
Facebook's deletion policy can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/policy
Plaid's deletion policy can be found here: https://www.plaid.com/legal
Dwolla retains records as required for regulatory purposes.
USAePay's deletion policy can be found here: https://usaepay.info/policy
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 18 through the Platform. If you are under 18, please do not give us any Personal Information. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children's Internet usage and to help enforce our Policy by instructing their children never to provide Personal Information through the Platform without their permission. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 18 has provided Personal Information to us, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
Third Party Privacy Policies